Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Week 11 P90x

I can't believe I'm coming down to my final weeks.  Hopefully I'll be able to finish out my workouts strong because I had a little accident yesterday.  I fell down the steps in my apartment and decided to catch myself with my right elbow and hip.  They took quite the beating.  I had just started Chest and Back, got through the first exercise of push-ups, ran down my steps to get water and BOOM!  I fell.  Hard.  It hurt.

I grabbed an ice pack for my elbow and sat on the couch for a second debating whether or not to go back up and finish the workout.  It was nothing but push-ups and pull-ups and I knew I needed my elbow for both.  I waited a few minutes, went back upstairs, did one set of pull-ups then immediately stopped.  Wasn't happening.  So, I popped in an insanity workout and did that instead.  I'm glad I chose to stop the Chest and Back workout because during my insanity workout, my whole right arm decided to swell and become stiff.  It hurt to just bend.  I did some major icing, elevating and ibuprofen and it got a little better by the end of the day.

It's still sore and pretty bruised today so I'm putting off Chest and Back for at least another day and hitting the cardio hard.  I figure it's better to be safe than sorry.  I'm already having issues with my left elbow.  For the past week or so my left elbow has been very tender when I place it on hard surfaces.  I googled some stuff and saw a lot of "overuse injury" stuff but who knows what it really is.  Rest and ice are usually always a good bet so that's what I'm going to do to save both my elbows.

Apparently I'm falling apart.

Hopefully things will be right as rain by tomorrow.  It would be a shame to get this close to the final weeks and have to switch things up but I don't really mind.  I really enjoy these strength workouts and really feel like I'll be incorporating them into future workouts so I don't feel like I'm abandoning it.  I was going to do the Insanity program next anyway so if I have to start that early, no big deal.  Honestly, I have had too many times where I ignored minor injuries.  I wouldn't give them proper rest and sure enough, they became major injuries.  Totally not worth it. 


In other diet and exercise news I have come to the conclusion that my doctor is right.  I definitely need more cardio.  I used to hate weight lifting but now I LOVE it.  I love how strong I've gotten and I especially love how I can feel my muscles.  Unfortunately, I remembered recently why I didn't like it so much.  I get better physical results with cardio.  I'm a fortunate woman who actually builds muscle.  Quite a lot.  I know they say that women can't without steroids but that's not entirely true.  No, I don't look like a body builder but I definitely have more muscle than the average woman.  My mom is the same way.  The thing is, once I get the fat down, I just look really, really athletic.  Exactly how I want to look actually but cardio is the only thing that gets fat off for me.  This is one of the reasons why I'm excited to start Insanity.  I figure as long as I do my cardio and watch my calorie intake, then I'm going to have pretty amazing results.   Especially since I have all this glorious muscle now.

Today's Diet:

B:  scrambled eggs + whole wheat english muffin + coffee
S:  apple
L:  salad + thai chicken w/ rice noodles
S:  yogurt
D:  beef and broccoli + stir fry veggies




No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.