Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Drop 2 Sizes: Week 1? / Whole30 Day #14

Whhhaaa?

Week 1?

Didn't you just write that?

I did and guess what?  I started and promptly stopped.  Couple things happened.

I got hired again to produce another shoot.  I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW.  I can't help it.  Apparently I love being overly worked and overly stressed.  It's a problem.

But more importantly I stopped because my back went out .  I've been dealing w/ a bad back since I was a teenager.  I went to my "back guy" last week and have another appointment on Friday.  And the fact is, the older I get the longer it takes to get right.  I have a compressed spine and my rhomboids are frozen causing one of my shoulders to not rotate properly.  I'm not sure what that means but that's the official word on the street.  All of this is causing severe back and neck pain.  And on bad days, my ribs ache so bad I can't breathe.

Good times.

I've been working on it for just about a week now and I'm making progress.  So once again I say.

Drop 2 Sizes:  Week 1 (coming soon!)

I want to start this coming Saturday.  I have my next appointment this Friday so I'll get a little more information on where I'm at with my muscles.  And barring him telling me to wait another week, I'm starting Saturday.

And if I can't, then I can't.  But I WILL start.

So I might not be able to lift any weights but I am still doing my Whole30.  I never really got the chance to write a follow up to my last Whole30.  Man, I was angry with that thing.  So very angry.  I wanted to write another post after my anger subsided but I never did.  I'm not going to do it now but the short of it is, I learned a lot.  I learned that 30 days was probably not enough for me.  I realized after my last Whole30 ended that I did indeed feel like my body changed.  So after much deliberation I decided to try it again.  And I'm considering trying it for longer.  I'd like to maybe try for a Whole60.  I'd LIKE to try.  For now, I'm going to concentrate on finishing a Whole30.

I'm on Day #14 and so far so good.  I weighed myself on Day #1 and I keep getting on the scale so today I had my fiance hide it.  I want to stop weighing myself so much.  I did forget to take Day #1 measurements so I did it Monday night but  I'm not checking anything again until it's over.

What I'm eating:

Breakfast is usually eggs and bacon or a breakfast casserole.  Lunch is usually some sort of hearty soup or stew.  And dinner so far has been protein and vegetables prepared different ways.

This week it's eggs for breakfast, a vegetable soup/stew for lunch, and pot roast and vegetables with au jus for dinner.  If I need an "in between", it's nuts.  I am limiting my fruit consumption.  I mainly stick to berries if any at all.  So far I've only eaten fruit twice.  During my last Whole30 I ate A LOT of fruit.  Mainly watermelon.  I love watermelon.  So much.  But I think I was using it to replace my sugar so I'm trying not to do that this time.  I am doing one thing differently this time.  I'm not banning white potatoes out right.  I switch back and forth between white and sweet and don't center meals around either.  After our last Whole30, I couldn't stomach the thought of another sweet potato and neither could my fiance.  So we decided together to make this exception.

I'll let you know how my Friday appointment goes.  But until then, be good and eat your vegetables.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.