Thursday, September 23, 2010

The beginning ...

I've recently been having problems with motivation and self-discipline. It's been horrific actually. There are so many things that I want to do: eat better, exercise regularly, watch less tv, wake up earlier, save more, just DO more. The thing is, I always start off ok and then before you know it, I quit. What I lack is self-discipline.

I recently came across a wonderful online article that talked about self-discipline - how it's like a muscle and the only way to make it stronger is to work it. So, I've decided to do just that.

I'm going to try something new for 30 days. Maybe I'll love it, maybe I won't but I'll give it a fair chance for 30 days and I'm going to document it here.

I'm going to start off easy, no need to bite off more than I can chew right?

So how's this going to work? Well, I'll pick my awesome 30 day goal and then take a few days to make a plan of attack and then I'll begin.

My hope is to not only work on my self-discipline, but to gain new experiences and maybe some new (GOOD) habits.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of this!! There are so many things I too don't do, because I'm not motivated, or just plain lazy! Self-discipline is the root of developing any new habit or lifestyle change, and yet we jump right into the new project without the discipline! I look forward to reading your blog and catching up! Thanks also for posting a comment on mine! :) It made my day! :D

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.