Friday, September 24, 2010

Challenge #1: Exercise

Everyone knows exercise is a good thing. It helps keep you strong, healthy, younger looking - the list goes on and on. I've always been on the exercise bandwagon but I've been on a hiatus lately. An injury sidelined me for longer than necessary and I've been using it as a crutch to stay away from my gym.

Exercise is one of those tricky things, when you're in the groove, nothing can stop you from your workout. But take some time off, and I find it to be one of the more difficult things to pick up again.

I not only want to pick up my habit again, but my time off halted my ongoing weight loss and caused me to gain back a few pounds, so I want to do enough to take those back off and more. So how much should I aim for?

Back in 2009, an online article suggested that a person needs to do at least 250 minutes of exercise per week in order to see significant weight loss.

That sounds like a plan to me.

The challenge:
Exercise

The goal:
30 days / 250 minutes per week.

Start date:
September 25, 2010

End date:
October 24, 2010

1 comment:

  1. So that breaks down into....say 50 minutes per day for five days? That sounds totally reasonable and do-able! I'll join you in that goal! :)

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.