Friday, March 18, 2011

Finally!

I would have posted this yesterday but it was just one of those days where everything else got in the way.

I weighed in and I am down 1.6 lbs. Needless to say I was very pleased with myself. In addition to seeing some movement on the scale, I also accomplished most of my goals for the week.

So my goals were:

Calorie goal: 1400/day
Exercise goal: 6 workouts
Water goal: minimum of 6.5 glasses

I ate on average 1409 calories per day - not too shabby. I exercised 6 of the 7 days and I actually did a couple of double workout days! I did NOT make my 6.5 glasses of water per day. I tried but I am still up on average where water intake is concerned so that's good. If I keep trying to add more I feel that my average daily intake will keep increasing.

One other thing I figured out was my "cheat day". I'm not sure if that's the correct term for it but the week before I went "off program" for a meal and didn't like how it turned how so I was toying with ways to make me feel more comfortable doing it and I think I figured it out. I cycled my calories for last week. That's why I said I ate on average 1409 calories per day. I cycled my calories every day so that on Saturday I had 1800 to "spend" so I could enjoy some higher calorie food.

For example on Thursday I ate 1400, Friday 1250, Saturday 1800, Sunday 1250 .. you get the picture. So at the end of the week it all averaged out to just over 1400 calories. It actually wasn't hard - it required SOME restraint but nothing too difficult.

This week I plan on doing the same thing. I will cycle my calories to equal 1400 on average, I will get in 6 workouts, and lastly, I will stretch my calves every single day.

I said 6 workouts instead of 6 days - generally when I say 6 I mean that I want to workout 6 out of 7 days. yesterday was my first day and I took it off. I had to. I was utterly exhausted. I think maybe I pushed it a little too much last week. I worked out 6 days but in total I did 8 workouts. Yeah, double workouts on 2 days. The old body isn't as young as she used to be and she started aching a little. Also, the coughs, sneezes and runny noses are hitting my office again. And once again, everyone is still coming in when they should take at least one day for themselves.

I know this is off the subject but it really annoys me when my coworkers feel bad and then come into work. Hand me papers, share my phone, do all sorts of things to share germs with me and then tell me later on that "yeah, I've really been feeling like I'm getting sick. Sore throat and fever and all that". I don't know why it shouldn't just be standard operating procedure to stay home and rest for a whole day when you start feeling sick. I don't generally get sick, but there is nothing I can do when my office is just infested with germs. Oh, and one more thing. It should be a rule that you can't bring sick children to work with you.

End rant.

Anyway, I had it bad, bad, bad just ONE MONTH ago and I will NOT go through that again. So, I need to listen to my body and when she's tired, I'm going to make sure she gets sleep.

So with all of that in mind, my third goal for the week is going to be a little different. My 3rd goal is to not let my obsession with getting this weight off stop me from listening to my body. If I'm tired (not lazy - i'm talking about that achy, tired feeling), I need to take a rest. It is better to take a day off than to over train or weaken myself so I get sick and be out of the game for a week or even longer. And yes, I know this goal is in complete contradiction to my second goal - or something like that :)

Goals for this week:

Eat: on average 1400/day
Workout: 6 workouts
Rest: if my body needs it and don't feel bad or guilty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.