Thursday, March 10, 2011

Is it Thursday already?

A week has passed and I will admit confidently that I am absolutely pleased with what I've done.

Six out of the last 7 days were excellent for me. I pretty much ate within the range that I have set for myself and I also exercised 6 out of the last 7 days. That seventh day was last Sunday and I had chosen that day to go out to dinner with my boyfriend and have an "off program" meal. It didn't go exactly as I had planned but it did, however, give me insight into how I will treat said meal in the future. We went to a chain restaurant and I should have done a little looking at the menu beforehand. It's just what I'll do next time so lesson learned. Even with that one day I feel both emotionally and physically good about it. I just feel good and I love that.

Now with all of that being said, I did have weigh-in today and I'm up .6 lbs.

Six rocks back in my jar :(

Why did I gain? No idea. However, it wasn't as heartbreaking as I thought it would be. I think it is because I feel so good. Also, I was sort of prepared. Wednesday morning I got up early to do my workout before work and I took a sneak peak on the scale and that's what it told me. I think I was more shocked on Wednesday. I knew I felt good and I assumed the scale would mirror how I was feeling. So, I took out the old tape measure and started measuring. I can't believe I haven't done this yet because I am super aware of the fact that my body does not like to give up pounds. It will, however, give up inches. So, I measured. And I will continue to keep fighting the good fight to see what happens to those inches. If the inches start coming down then I'm not gonna worry about the scale so much because obviously I'm doing something right. If the scale and measurements both stall, then it's back to the drawing board!

Also tomorrow marks the end of my most recent 30 days. The goal was 4 pounds and as of right now I am up .6 lbs - I will give the official number tomorrow.

I will be tweaking a few things for this upcoming week ( my "week" runs Thursday to Wednesday ).

This coming week:

Calorie goal: 1400/day
Exercise goal: 6 workouts
Water goal: minimum of 6.5 glasses (I know this seems small but for me is HUGE)

And that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.