Monday, June 25, 2012

p90x End of Round 1 Measurements

Sunday marked the last day of my Round 1.  I'll be honest, it ended with a fizzle.  The workout wasn't a fizzle.  I did legs and back and it was an AMAZING workout.  I just feel like I didn't do as well as I should or could have during the last 30 days.  I know I got injured but I feel like I should/could have done more.

In any case here are the final results:

-->
Day 1 8 30 60 90 TOTAL LOST
Waist 41 38.5 36.5 35.25 36 5
Chest 43 43 42 41.5 42 1
Left Arm 14 13.5 13.5 13 13.5 0.5
Neck n/a 13.5 13 13 13 0.5
Rib n/a 35 34.5 35 34 1
Belly Button n/a 42.5 40 37.25 38 4.5
Hip n/a 46 45 43 46 0
Left Leg-Knee n/a 19 18.5 19 18.75 0.25
Left Leg-Upper n/a 26.25 25.75 25.75 26 0.25






13


I'm overall pleased.  There's no denying that I got some results.  I'm not sure what happened to my hips between days 60 and 90.  Measuring is a little hard when you're doing it by yourself but maybe it was also just a fluke.


I ordered a new measuring tape that looks like this: 
It's supposed to help out when you're measuring by yourself.  I'm going to retake my measurements tonight (if it gets here in time) and use those numbers for round 2.   Hopefully it will be a little easier.  We'll see.

As for weight, according to the scale I gained 4.2 pounds.

According to my body fat % numbers:  I gained 4.5 pounds of lean mass and lost 0.3 pounds of fat. Not exactly what I wanted but it's better than gaining 4.2 pounds of fat!!

But please keep in mind those numbers were taken with a handheld body fat analyzer so while they're probably not crazy accurate at least I was getting a downward trend.

I start Round 2 today.  I'm having to modify it due to my arm but that just involves the strength training days.  I'm also switching back to the lean schedule (4 days cardio/2 days strength) for this round to make things easier on the old elbow.

This is Phase 1 of the lean schedule:

Weeks 1-3:

Day 1 – Core Synergistics
Day 2 – Cardio X
Day 3 – Shoulders and Arms, Ab Ripper X
Day 4 - Yoga X
Day 5 – Legs and Back, Ab Ripper X
Day 6 – Kenpo X
Day 7 – Rest or X Stretch

Week 4:

Day 1 – Yoga X
Day 2 – Core Synergistics
Day 3 – Kenpo X
Day 4 – X Stretch
Day 5 – Cardio X
Day 6 – Yoga X
Day 7 – Rest or X Stretch


As for my modifications, so far I know I'll have to switch out Shoulders and Arms (obviously) most likely with another lower body strength workout (I have tons at home) or just do Legs and Back twice.  I'll also have to modify any move that doesn't look so good for my elbow (ie push-ups, planks, body bearing exercising using my arms) by substituting walking in place or jumping jacks etc.

I'm hoping by the end of this phase, I'll have some sort of progress on my elbow.  If I don't, I'm REALLY going to have to suck it up and go to the doctor.
Also, today I ordered Shakeology.  I've been debating doing this since I started the last round.  I keep reading reviews and I figured I might as well try it for myself.  It's a bit on the pricey side but I figure if it helps get me healthier then really it's worth the price.

Today's Menu:
B:  egg + ww english muffin + ham + goat cheese
S:  protein bar
L:  chicken and apple sausage + ww bun + kale salad + red peppers + cucumbers + dressing
D:  ??


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.