Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Weight Watchers Week 5

I had a really great week results wise:  -3 pounds.  I made sure to eat right, get in all the good stuff (working out, sleeping, water) and I was rewarded with a decent loss.  I even left some of my weekly points on the table and didn't touch my activity points at all.  It was pretty tough.

As for my goals ....

Week 5 Goals:

Water:  so-so.  Mon-Fri was pretty good but Sat/Sun was horrible.  I'm pretty positive I drank more coffee than water during the weekend.  Not good.
Exercise:  23/21 Activity Points
Tracking:  7/7 days - had 16 Weekly Points remaining and 23 Activity Points remaining

I'm having some problems this week eating wise.  I did the planning, the shopping, and the cooking but I just don't want any of it.  I'm having one of those weeks where I don't want to eat I just want to snack.  My vegetable intake has been lackluster because of it but at least I'm eating my apples.  Also, to make matters worse, we have Halloween candy in the house.  Probably not the best idea.  I finally threw it in a cabinet that's really high up.  Hopefully that will keep me at bay.  I'm just so bored with food right now.  

Working out has been great.  I am supposed to be running a 10k next weekend but due to a summer injury, I haven't been running since July and it would be stupid to try to do a 10k so I changed it to the 5k option today.  I've been going to a podiatrist and got the ok to run a little over a week ago and managed to eek out a 5k on the treadmill last weekend (very slowly) so I think I'll be ok.  It won't be the best performance of my life but my goal is just to not finish last.  I think I can handle that.

Week 6 Goals:

Water:  Drink water during the WEEKEND
Exercise:  20 Activity Points MINIMUM
Tracking:  Every day, every bite ESPECIALLY if you go over.

I did have a small victory last weekend.  I had brunch with some friends at the Cheesecake Factory.  And I'm sure everyone knows their menu is BRUTAL.  Especially the brunch menu.  Honestly, it's ridiculous.  So, I ordered off the Skinnylicious Menu.  I got the shrimp creole.  Cheesecake Factory doesn't really give you all the info to calculate points - they only provide calories, saturated fat, and carbs I think.  I did a little searching online and found that if you know the calorie count of an item you can get a rough points plus calculation by dividing the calories by 40.  So, the shrimp creole (550 calories) was 14 points for the entire thing and since I only ate half I was only out 7 points plus.  Add that to the non-fat latte I got (3) and one slice of their honey oat bread (3) with a tiny bit of butter (1) and I got away with only "spending" 14 points plus.  Pretty great considering the eggs and bacon breakfast is a rough 35 points plus just by itself.  Yikes.  And just so you know, it was really, really good.  I ate the other half for lunch the next day.

Today's Menu (I get 26 daily):
B:  whole wheat pancakes + egg/egg white + bacon + maple syrup + coffee/cream/sugar = 9 pts
S:  1/2 turkey sandwich on reduced calorie bread  + apple = 3 pts
L:  Ground Beef and Vegetable Soup = 5pts
D:  Vegetable Salad + Chicken + haven't really figured it out but it will be 9 pts



My plan this week is to eat all my points (daily/weekly) and leave all my activity points alone.  I'm done with my weekly points as of last night (which is a little early but that's ok) so Tues/Wed/Thur I'll be eating 26 points per day.  In any case, I find that I have better weigh-ins if I just stick to my daily points in the days leading up to my weigh-in.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.