Friday, February 15, 2013

Workout Challenge: Slim in 6

Now that I know nothing serious is going on my with neck, I've no excuses left to not start working out.

The last time I worked out, I had either just finished up p90x, was training for a road race, or was getting in decent workouts at least 5 days a week.

And it has been MONTHS since I have done anything more than a leisurely walk.

There is no way I'm going to jump head first into p90x or Insanity or even running.

I'd burn out, injure myself and just stop.  There is no doubt in my mind.  Plus, as you can probably tell, I've fighting this tooth and nail so I'm going to ease myself into it.

So I was looking at all my workout options and I remembered I have Slim in 6.  I bought it awhile ago and have used it before.  It's nothing overly difficult.  In fact, I think it's the perfect way for me to get back into the swing of things.  I really am a little scared of hurting myself.  I feel like that's all that happened to me last year.  2012 was just a year riddled with aches and pains.

Also, it has a toning aspect to it and I need to start somewhere.  I'll be honest, I could definitely use a little toning.  Especially in my thigh region.  I've alway been a runner so my legs were something that I really felt good about.  But something amazing happens when you stop running.  Your legs lose that awesome toned look.

Weird, I know ;)

Anyway, it's a 6 week program.  Just 3 DVDs.  I can totally do this.

Today will be Day 1.

6 weeks from today will be March 29th.

I'll even take my measurements tonight to see what kind of progress I make and update those weekly/biweekly with my weigh-ins.

I know it seems as if I'm dragging my feet because I don't WANT to workout.  That's not true actually.  I LOVE working out.  I WANT to start working out again.  It's just that when you stop it's hard to start again.

So feel free to join me.  Lets make today Day #1.  Just focus on getting it done today.  That's all.  Just today.

We'll deal with tomorrow later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.