Friday, July 12, 2013

Vacation Plan Part 2: My Jillian Michaels Challenge

Now that I have the food component of my vacation plan taken care of, it's now time to turn to the second half of that equation.

Exercise.

So far this year I have had great results using DVDs and working out in my home gym.  I still have my gym membership and I'm usually an everyday participant but for some reason working out at home has been pretty successful.  And if it ain't broke ...

Let's do a quick recap:

I did Beachbody's Slim in 6 from March to late April
results:  -7 inches

And then Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred from April to June
results: -8.25 inches
That's -15.25 inches in just about 3 months.

And from the start of Slim in 6 to the finish of 30 Day Shred (I did them pretty much back to back), I lost 5.2 pounds total.

Both programs were effective but I did enjoy the 30 Day Shred much more.  Probably because the workouts were shorter and just a little more challenging.

After the 30 Day Shred, I started Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 DVD.  I managed to make it to the level 2 DVD when I decided to stop.  It had nothing to do with the workouts or the quality of the workouts.  I was just burnt out on the same workout everyday format.  

Since I enjoyed Jillian Michael's program so much, my next thought was to buy her Body Revolutions program.  It's 3 months long and has 15 DVDs.  It is, however, $100.  I mean, that's not too bad but still, I'd rather not spend that much.  So I had an idea.

I really wanted to do the Ripped in 30 and I already loved my 30 Day Shred workouts so I thought, why not just make up my own Jillian Michaels program.

And so I did.

I went and bought a couple more DVDs and ended up spending about $50 on 6 more DVDs (they were around 8 bucks each).  In total, I now have 8 DVDs and from those DVDs I have 17 different workouts to choose from.

$50 is so much better than $100.


So for the next 7 weeks, I'm going to put all of my eggs in one Jillian Michael's basket.

My goal is to do exactly as I did with the other programs: work out 5-6 days a week, eat as cleanly as possible, and just enjoy the ride.

I've scheduled the first four weeks below.

Weeks 1 and 2 are going to look like this:


Day 1:  Ripped in 30 (RIP30):  Level 1
Day 2:  30 Day Shred (30DS):  Level 1
Day 3:  No More Trouble Zones (NMTZ)
Day 4:  6 Week Six-Pack (6W6P):  Level 1
Day 5:  Banish Fat Boost Metabolism (BFBM)
Day 6:  Killer Buns and Thighs (KBT):  Level 1 (optional day off)
Day 7:  off

Weeks 3 and 4 are going to look like this:

Day 1:  KBT:  Level 2
Day 2:  30DS:  Level 2
Day 3:  6W6P:  Level 2
Day 4:  RIP30:  Level 2
Day 5:  NMTZ
Day 6:  Shred It - with weights (SI):  Level 1 (optional day off)
Day 7:  off

I have only done the 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 so I know I like those workouts.  I'm a little nervous to see how the other ones pan out!  I'm sure it'll be fine because hey, I kinda only have to do them, what, 7 times max if that.

I'm beginning to think I'm a genius.

Saturday July 13th will be my Day #1 and August 30th will be my last day as I fly out for the east coast on August 31st.

I'll do the usual and post pics, measurements and updates as I try new DVDs.

I'm really excited about this one folks.  And I'm really hoping Jillian's workouts don't let me down!!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.