Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Ripped in 30: Update

Before the holiday and my break, I was on level 2/week 2 of Ripped in 30.

First, let me give you the facts:

Workout 2/Level 2 sticks with the circuit style training:  3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, 1 minute of abs.  The total run time is about 30 minutes and the only equipment you need is a set of hand weights, a mat (if you're working on a hard surface), and some good old fashioned motivation.  I burned 325 calories according to my HRM.

Man, this one is tough.  So far I can say that Ripped in 30 is definitely harder than 30 Day Shred.  I actually wish I had done this one first and I'll tell you why.



I really feel like if I had done Ripped in 30 first, I would have had even more amazing results.   I dedicated more time to my 30 Day Shred program because, simply put, I was more motivated.  It's hard to do the same workout over and over.  By the time I hit Ripped in 30 I had already done Slim in 6 AND 30 Day Shred.  Now, while both are fine workouts, they do require that you repeat workouts A LOT!  And after 10+ weeks of doing that, it gets monotonous. 

So by the time Ripped in 30 came around, I think I just needed a break.  I made it to Level 2/Workout 2 and then my 4th of July break hit.

And that puts us right here.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I will NOT be finishing Ripped in 30.  At least not right now.  I definitely want to give it a try, but when I'm refreshed and renewed and ready to dedicate 30 days to doing it the right way because I really REALLY believe this one is an ass kicker that will do pretty amazing things to your body.

I'm actually looking forward to the day that I get to retry it.  And a little scared.

No lie.  That workout is hard!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.