Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Whole30: Days 15 - 21

According to the timeline, the tiger blood feeling is supposed to come at Day 16. 

What is tiger blood?  Well, the best I can figure, it just means you feel like you are awesome.  Like nothing can touch you.

It didn't come at Day 16 for me, but they clearly also tell you that your miles may vary.

I believe I got my tiger blood transfusion Monday (Day 21).  And I waited thru Tuesday to confirm that the transformation was complete.  Seriously, it hit me like a ton of bricks.  Well, a ton of good bricks.  I had more energy than I knew what to do with, food thoughts were a thing of the past, and I felt like I could wrestle a bear and win.

And that's really all I have to report about this last week.  What's funny is all of that anger I had, all the pining for conventional food seems like months ago.  My brain now can't seem to grasp why I ever would have those feelings or cravings.

I've said it before and I'll say it again ...

Life moves pretty fast.  If you don't look around once in awhile...

Wait, no.  That's something else. 

What I was meant to say is that the human body and brain are AMAZING.  And what's crazy to me is how much food can affect both of those systems.

Before I started these 30 days, I scoured forums and blogs to find information about this part of the phase.  I wanted to know exactly what I could do to get to this point.  And fast.  Nobody wants to suffer through the ugly to get to the good.  However, everything I found written said kind of the same thing.  It was days and days of the bad or the uncomfortable and then BOOM.  The good.  I was looking for some sort of transition and I couldn't find it.  Now I know why.

There is no transition folks.  It just happens.  And it may happen for you on Day 12, Day 16, Day 21, even Day 30 or later.   So basically, you'll eat these foods, you probably will have some food grumpies, you'll feel like giving up, then BOOM.  The end.  You feel great and it's all worth it.

That's all I have to say about that.

Food:

Breakfast:

parsnip casserole:  parsnips, sugar free bacon, coconut milk, seasonings

apples and almonds

veggie scramble:  eggs, vegetables of choice

Lunch/Dinner:

chili:  ground beef, yellow/orange/green peppers, onions, tomatoes, seasonings

baked drumsticks, green beans, cole slaw (broccoli slaw, mayo, vinegar) and deviled eggs

eggs and bacon

sashimi:  salmon, tuna

steak and eggs with tomato slices




No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.