Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Slim in 6: Week 4

I am officially at the halfway point.  It hasn't been too hard but it hasn't been easy.

For the last 2 weeks I did the Ramp It Up DVD for 6 workouts per week.  Here's the rub, it's really hard to do the same workout over and over.  In fact, there were days when I had to give myself the 10 minute rule.

If I just made it thru 10 minutes, then I could quit. 

It's a nice little tactic.  You see, rarely do I ever get 10 minutes in and want to quit.  But seriously, trying to just get myself to start those 10 minutes proved to be a struggle at times.  No matter, I made it through.

I measured myself yesterday and true to form, I left my notebook at home so while I can't give you exact numbers,  I can tell you that I definitely lost inches.  Not tons of inches but a few.  Specifically in my bust, waist, and hips.  I do remember the hip measurement being the biggest change.  And I can definitely "feel it" in my waist area.  To me, my waist feels like the place that has tightened up the most which is awesome.  Scale wise, I've lost about a quarter of a pound in the last 3 weeks.  Also, a mirror check last night during my workout made me think my arms were looking a little more toned and my body had an overall slimmer, more shapely look.  

Yesterday was my Day #1 of Week #4 and I started the Burn It Up DVD.

Here are my thoughts:

This 59 minute workout starts out almost exactly the same as the Ramp It Up.  So if you've got the choreography down you can just hit the ground running.  However, it's at double time.  Yeah, she has picked up the pace and about 30 seconds in you can tell.  And she doesn't stop.  She moves swiftly from one exercise to the next while keeping this faster pace and before I knew it, I was jogging in place just to give myself a breather from torturing my legs.  Seriously, the first segment after the warm-up is squats.  I love squats.  I really do.  My legs have always been super strong so maybe that's why I like them - they have never been too difficult.  But she made my legs BURN and by the end of the segment I wanted to punch her.  Ok, not really.  But the intensity is definitely up.  On the plus side, because she moves so quickly, the segments move quickly.


I can't really tell you about the rest because I made it about 30 minutes in (255 calories).  I got to the 30 minute mark and my body was tired.  Instead of forcing myself through it I decided to turn it off and wait til my next workout to try to make it a little further.  She says go at your own pace and that's what I'm doing.  I have 3 weeks to do this workout and I don't have to be perfect on my first go at it.

Also it was 12:45am.  The workout almost didn't happen at all.  I got home from work and was sick to my stomach all night.  Then finally around 12:00am I felt a little better and so I plopped in the DVD and got to work.  Probably not the smartest move but the thought of missing my workout made me feel too guilty.

Also, I was sure my legs would be super sore today.  You see, the 30 minutes I did do were mostly all squats, lunges, and kicks.  Never fear, my legs are feeling pretty good.


And finally, my goals for this evening:  start the workout earlier and try to get further.

Today's menu:
B:  3 slices bacon
L:  mushroom stroganoff
D:  hamburger + lettuce wrap + oven baked fries


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.