Friday, March 29, 2013

Weight Watchers Weigh In: Week 28

What the what?

I gained 0.8 lbs

I've been positive this whole month but today I think you're going to finally see me flip my lid.

Children, please look away.  This could get ugly.

Ok, I'm not THAT angry but I am FRUSTRATED.  Why you ask?  Because I finally started working out, I finally have my eating in check (not perfect, just in major check) and this is the first month that I have had seriously zero weight loss.  And the best part?  I have no idea why.  I just wish there was an answer.  You know, I wish I could hop on google and type:

"Working out, eating right, but gaining weight"

Then I'll hit "search" and then the first site that pops up would say:  "Of course, here is EXACTLY what you need to do so don't worry" and then what follows is a very descriptive course of action that would alleviate my problem instantly.

No such luck.  The human body, in all its miraculousness, does not work that way.  There is not one answer for this question.  Am I eating too much?  Maybe, I don't know.  Am I eating too little, Maybe I don't know?  Am I working out too much?  Maybe, I don't know.  Am I eating a food that is causing problems within my system?  Maybe, I DON'T KNOW!!!!!

And what's even worse is that I might not be doing anything wrong.  I could be doing everything RIGHT and my body just wants to hang out with my excess fat for a little bit longer before it says goodbye to it.


I'm at a crossroads right now.  Here's the thing.  I woke up this morning, and as I was not gingerly hopping out of bed, I noticed something.

I felt good.

Like in the way after you've been exercising a bit and you feel like your body is tighter, fitter and maybe even a little bit smaller.

Even with my morning brain fog I was able to discern that one thought.

Yes, I felt really good.

And then I went into the bathroom to hop on the scale and blah blah blah.  No, those numbers should not dictate your mood but come on.  You can't help but be frustrated.


Back to my crossroads.  What do I do?  Do I switch something up or do I just keep the course?  Is this just a moment/splash/second of homeostasis or am I just plain doing something wrong.  I don't want to waste loads of time doing something that's not working but I also don't want to fix something that's not broken.

My friends, these are the hard times.  It's easy to find my motivation when things are going my way.  It's easy to keep on truckin' when the numbers dictate how you feel.  So if any of you out there have any advice, any glimmer of hope, I beg of you, please share.  Not just for me but for everybody.  At the very least give me your thoughts on what I should do?  Should I keep on doing what I'm doing for a week or two more OR should I think about changing something?

Sit and think about that while I present to you:

What I did to not lose weight this week:

1.  I earned around 16-18 AP.  Seriously I have no idea how to figure out that AP system.  I've always just given myself 1 point per 100 calories burned.  The reason it's a roundabout figure is that sometimes I forget to wear my HRM.  I did 6 workouts this past week.

2.  I ate 257 points.  Again, I did NOT track my AP so they play no part in my point count.

3.  I did NOT drink enough water.  In fact, earlier in the week I had some problems because I had let myself get pretty crazy dehydrated.

4.  I did pretty well.  I cooked everything I ate except for some sushi I had.  I did have a cinnamon roll over the weekend from a batch my BF and I made.  They were NOT good, however, I ate it anyway.  The rest of my meals consisted of deliciousness.


Today's Menu:
B:  Turkey + Bacon + Lettuce Wrap
L:  Hamburger + Lettuce Wrap + Caramelized Onions + Daiya
D:  Spaghetti Sauce + Brown Rice Pasta + Zucchini





  







No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.