Friday, March 1, 2013

Weight Watchers Weigh In: Week 24

I think (fingers crossed, knocking on wood) that I am finally better.  After my last post, it got even worse.  I was down for the count all day last Sunday and then slowly, slowly I started feeling better.

I have no idea what it was.  Could have been something I ate, could have been a bug, could have been a combination of the two, I have no idea.  In any case, you never fully appreciate feeling well until you get sick.

Today's Weigh-In:  -0.6 lbs

Hooray!

I still get really nervous on Fridays.  I mean, right before I step on the scale I envision losses of grandeur (you know, 2-3 pounds or even MORE), but as long as that number is less I usually just squeal with delight, give myself a hardy pat on the back and then dance my way into the shower.

I'm glad I still get super excited about losses no matter the amount.  Hell, I get excited about maintaining!  Because if I stop too long and think about the big picture, it can get discouraging.  It's rough to lose weight slowly when you consider the big picture.  Big picture being your grand goal whatever number that is.  50 pounds, 60 pounds, 100 pounds.  I mean, ideally I would like to lose 58 pounds.  If I look at that weekly it's overwhelming.  For example, I lost 0.6 pounds this week.  If I did that every week I will eventually get to my grand goal of losing 58 pounds.  It just would take 96.6 weeks.  That's just about 2 years. 

See what I mean?

So I try really REALLY hard to focus on the week.  Just the week.  And not just what the scale says either.  You can't focus on that little thing or it'll kill you.  I try to find success in the WHOLE process.   Doesn't matter what it is.  It could be something as small as saying no to a second helping or going on a walk or getting in your vegetables for the week.  That way, on the weeks that your scale is the enemy you can bask in the glory of at least one thing.  Lets say for instance, you like to base your success on, oh I don't know, how much you exercise, how much you ate, what you ate, and how much water you drank.  Chances are you'll have a victory on at least one of those thus giving you something to celebrate.

Which leads me to ...

My Weekly Roundup:

See what I did there?  I thought it was clever too.

1.  I earned 8 AP.  WHAAAA?  Yes, after Sunday I was feeling better so I went ahead and worked out.  In fact, I got in 4 workouts.  Pretty impressive huh?   I am hoping to meet or exceed my 8 AP points this week.  True story:  I am crazy out of shape.  I didn't realize how badly so until this past week.  I'm talking huffing and puffing and sore muscles galore from barely doing ANYTHING.  I hang my head in shame.  I should never have taken that much time off.  Oh well.  Lesson learned.  Hopefully I can use this knowledge as a catalyst to get back into the swing of things.

2.  I ate 244 points.  I noticed that the workouts I did made me CRAZY HUNGRY.  I've already planned for that in my upcoming menu.

3.  I did ok on my water.  I've started using this new cup (my assistant calls it my sippy cup) at work and it has made it easier to get my water intake.






Ok so maybe it does look like a sippy cup, but an ADULT sippy cup.

4.  What did I eat?  I did better this week.  I made some pretty awesome food this past week if I do say so myself.  I also ordered Thai food over the weekend for the first time.  You see, my car decided to die Saturday night and we had no food.  We actually were out trying to do our grocery shopping when POOF ... dead.  We managed to get the car home but did so without the groceries.  So we ordered food.  I thought Thai food would be relatively safe because they don't traditionally use gluten, soy or dairy in their food.  I don't know if I've mentioned it but those are my biggest offenders.  They all make me yuck.  My boyfriend (who is 1/2 Thai) even got on the phone with the restaurant and went over what I could and could NOT have.  They were very eager to please and assured him everything would be fine.  It was, however, an unmitigated disaster.  I don't blame them though, I'm aware that it was a risk and I chose to take it.  I don't expect a restaurant to know exactly what to do.  But I was hoping.  Other than that, I ate great food.

I have high hopes for this upcoming week.  I think it's because our weather right now is tremendous.  It's sunny and warm and beautiful and it makes me want to be outside.  It also makes me want to workout for some reason.

So here's hoping it lasts.

Good luck!

Today's Menu:
B:  mocha wonderfulness.  I used espresso this time!!  My co-workers were not pleased.  I don't do so well on the caffeine.  espresso + coconut milk + chocolate pea rice protein
L:  chicken pasta salad:  zucchini, cucumber, tomato, carrots + brown rice pasta + homemade italian dressing + roasted chicken + an apple
D:  thai vietnamese chicken noodle soup (I merged two recipes together and it is delicious)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.