Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Phase 2 p90x = Ouch

I've had a rough week thus far.  My little brother is turning 30 this weekend and I had decided WEEKS ago to help his wife out with some of the party planning.  Part of my responsibility was to make this photo montage thing.  Actually it was my idea but I kind of put it off.  His birthday is this weekend and so naturally Monday night I finally started piecing it together.

Long story short.  I didn't get to my workout until 11:30pm on Monday night.  I was DETERMINED not to miss it.  I kept saying "I'll do it at 9:00pm" then "I'll do it at 10:00pm" and then finally I forced myself to put the computer down and just go do it.  Surprisingly, I had a decent workout.  This was the first time I've done the Chest, Shoulders and Tris workout.  Unfortunately, it involved an incredible amount of push-ups.  TONS.  I did my best and finished.

Needless to say, I didn't get in bed until after 4am.

Then last night, I finished my project (which I think turned out great) and took a skip day for the plyometrics workout I was scheduled to do.  I had already gone running on my lunch break and that coupled with the exhaustion and incredible soreness I'm still feeling in my Chest, Shoulders and Tris (naturally) were enough to make me take the pass. 

However, I still didn't get to bed until after 3am.

I'm running on fumes.  FUMES.  My plan is to get home from work and just dive right in to tonight's workout.  Otherwise, I'm pretty sure I'm going to pass out.

Today's menu:

B:  protein shake
L:  roasted turkey, tomato, fresh mozzarella, basil, balsamic on bun
S:  almonds

D:  Beans and Brown rice (sounds boring but hopefully not - I'm going to cook some beans in taco seasoning with onion - put that on top of some brown rice and add greek yogurt (in lieu of sour cream), salsa, shredded cheese, and shredded lettuce - I'll let you know how it turns out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.