Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Decision Made

I was sitting at my desk this morning and it hit me. I know what I want my next 30-day challenge to be.

For the past week or so the same conversation has been going on between different friends and myself. How many times a month, week, or day do you weigh yourself?

The conclusion: My friends and I like the scale way too much.

So, I’m not going to weigh myself for 30 days. This might not seem like the most difficult thing for some but for me I think it’ll be tough. I’ve gotten into the habit of a daily weigh-in and all too often I let that number dictate my day.
That number tells me how I’m going to feel in my clothes that day, how I’m going to feel when I pass by a reflective window, basically, how I’m going to feel about myself overall. And more than half the time that feeling is not good – even when I step on, feeling proud of my accomplishments, that number can deflate me in a second.

So I weighed myself yesterday morning and for all the reasons I mentioned above, I did not get on the scale today. So, I’m starting this thing today.

If anyone wants to join – come on in!

30 days of no scale:
October 26, 2010 – November 24, 2010
Next WI: November 25, 2010 – hey, that’s Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.