Monday, October 11, 2010

Side Challenge #1: Days 5, 6, and 7

Side Challenge: Days 5, 6 and 7 (Thursday, Friday, Saturday)

Interesting things happened the last couple of days. Day 5 was pretty much the norm. I came in at 1398 with very careful planning.

Speaking of planning.

Day 6’s total is quite different. I came in at 1625. Everyday I use a fitness journal to write down my food and exercise for the day.


I pack my breakfast and lunch everyday for work so I take my journal and I write everything down first thing when I get to work. I stick to what I write down and then I know exactly what to plan and eat for dinner. I didn’t realize how useful this tool was until today. Yesterday, I forgot to take my journal to work. I wrote down my food on a piece of paper and forgot about it. When I got home, I THOUGHT I remembered exactly what I was doing for dinner but I didn’t. I should have taken the time to fill in my journal before I started dinner but I didn’t. I ended up going over my calories. I knew I was pushing it and instead of checking, I just “winged” it. I’m not too bent out of shape about it. I’ve always known that writing down and planning were important but now I know how important it is to me. I need that organization and planning in order to make informed choices.

I made sure I had everything in order for Day 7: 1429. Not too bad. The week is over and although it wasn't too difficult the real surprise came when I weighed in on Saturday morning. I had gained 1.6 pounds. I have to say this is extremely disappointing and really doesn't make any sense. Then again, my body has NEVER made any sense to me. I've eaten perfectly and exercised a lot before and gained weight and I've eaten poorly and sat on my butt and lost weight. I'm trying to take it in stride but in all honesty that little voice that says "what's the use?" is driving me insane.


Just have to keep on going.


Side Challenge #1 End Results:


Day 1: 1227

Day 2: 1375

Day 3: 1386

Day 4: 1397

Day 5: 1398

Day 6: 1625

Day 7: 1439



Weigh In: +1.6 lbs.

1 comment:

  1. I totally hear ya! SOOO aggravating when we're doing the right things, and the freaking scale doesn't move or we even GAIN!! Aargh! But we've gotta keep on doing it, knowing that good things are happening besides the number on the scale, and the scales HAVE to change, eventually! :D

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.