Saturday, October 23, 2010

Third Day is the Charm

**wrote this yesterday - just late in posting :)

Day 3 of no sugar was rough. It wasn’t that I was craving doughnuts or anything, I was just hungry all day long. And while I was able to stay away from sugar, I just ate too much of everything else. Which goes to show, just because you’re eating healthy doesn’t mean you can just go overboard.

Want to see how much I ate:

B: omelet w. spinach, onion, tomato, ham, mozzarella w/ whole wheat toast

S: cottage cheese and apple

L: roasted chicken w/ tomatoes, basil, evoo, slice of whole wheat bread and strawberries

D: Caesar salad sans croutons, whole wheat pita with cheese, no sugar tomato sauce, and some turkey pep and ham broiled into a delicious cheesy fake pizza delight

I think eating the bread at every meal made me want to eat more in general. Even though everything was 100% whole wheat it still makes me want to eat more. Man, I love bread. In light of this, I have decided to go easy today on the delicious bread.

However, I can say that today: so far so good. I got up early again to do a morning walk and I was oddly alert. I’m seriously hoping that is due to the lack of refined sugars in my diet. If it is – then I will happily stay away from this stuff forever! I have THE hardest time getting up in the morning. In fact, saying I have a hard time is an understatement. It actually borders on painful. I have long looked for ways to make it easier but nothing has worked so far.



Exercise Challenge Totals:

180 / 250 minutes week 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.