Monday, October 4, 2010

Side Challenge #1: Days 1 and 2

SIDE CHALLENGE!

So Saturday was the first day of my calorie challenge - to eat between 1300 and 1400 calories consistently for 7 days and record my weight loss. As I mentioned previously, calorie restriction has always been the stumbling block for me. However, I am pleased to report that I did it!

I've read lots of books and magazine articles and online articles about ways to successfully control your calorie "spending". One book I read recently, "YOU: On a Diet - Dr.Oz" said that if you take away a lot of your eating choices, it's easier to control how much you eat. For instance, try to eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch and then vary your dinner choices. The reasoning is that when you give your body consistency it's going to crave less foods. And I guess if we crave less then we want to eat less. Anyway, I've been doing it for over a week now and I'm going to say so far so good.

For breakfast, I make a simple breakfast sandwich on a whole wheat english muffin and then lunch is soup. I'm really big into making soups. I think soup is one of the most comforting foods in the world - especially this time of year. It's also great way to get in your vegetables and the varieties are endless.

Just in case you're wondering, this week I'm eating a tortellini and vegetable soup. I just made it last night - I'm going to be completely honest, I tried some last night before I put it away and it's not one of my favorites. I'm secretly hoping that letting it sit overnight in the refrigerator will help bring out more flavor.

We'll see.

Side Challenge Goal:
eat withing 1300 - 1400 calories

Day 1 / Saturday: 1227 calories
Day 2 / Sunday: 1375 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.