Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Exercise: Days 10 and 11

Exercise: Days 10 and 11

Day 10: Monday / October 4

I went to the gym on my lunch break. I got in a 65 minute workout due to an extended lunch break (awesome). I did the elliptical, recumbent bike and stretching as per usual and I am pleased that my foot held up well considering that 60 minutes is the longest I’ve pushed it in one sitting. Had some residual pain but nothing that lasted too long.

I can’t wait for it to fully get better because I will definitely get bored with that routine.

I need new workout clothes. I want new workout outfits. For some reason or other they make me feel better about myself which in turns make me more confident on the machines which in turn makes me work out harder. Is that weird? Probably. But I need every advantage I can get. If wearing a cute outfit makes me workout harder than I’m going to do it.

And if I get new outfits I probably need new shoes too.

Total time: 65 minutes

Day 11: Tuesday / October 5

Today’s workout was extremely difficult. Just exhausting. I have been going through a bout of insomnia lately. I do it every year. It’s not fun. So far it’s lasted about a week and so when I get home from work I am completely and utterly exhausted. And unfortunately I had already schedule a night walk for my Day 11 workout and I knew that I HAD to do it because I need to get in 250 minutes this week. I had mentally prepared for a 7:45pm walk with my boyfriend and dog so that we could come home and watch Glee (man, I just love that show although I thought that particular episode was a little boring). Anyway, when my boyfriend looked at me and asked if I was ready to go, everything inside of me screamed “NO NO NO – I just want to sit on the couch and not move a muscle”. But I kept quiet and got up silently and went through the motions of getting ready.

There are other factors that would make this walk difficult; for starters, we’re having quite the unpleasant weather out here in CA right now. It’s raining and cold, so I knew that I would be out walking, exhausted, in the wet and cold. And secondly, my beloved puppy dog, Chloe, recently hurt her back. She’s a miniature dachshund and they are extremely prone to back injuries. Fortunately, this time the vet thinks it was just a sprain but in any case we have had to be EXTREMELY careful with her. She just started back on her night walks but we’ve been easing her back into the 30 minutes she usually does. Tonight was going to be her first 30 minute and there was the chance that I’d have to stop and carry her. Now, she only weighs just over 10 pounds but carrying her while walking, exhausted, in the wet and cold would definitely be a challenge.

That’s her. And I’m proud to say, thankfully, she made it through the entire walk on her own. As did I. I will admit at one point I asked my boyfriend to carry me the rest of the way but I managed to make it on my own.

Total time: 30 minutes

Challenge Goal Total:

140 / 250 minutes week 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.