Monday, March 5, 2012

Monday Weigh In

I had a very uneventful weekend.  It was in the 80s, sunny and beautiful out but I was determined to finish cleaning my apartment.  You know, one of those semi-spring cleaning deals.  I take these very seriously.  I'm pleased to say that my apartment looks amazing.  I even cleaned the ceiling fan blades.  For whatever reason, this always makes me happy.

Also, I'm a little low on cash so I was trying to be good and any venture outdoors inevitably leads to me spending money that I don't have :)

All in all, it was a lovely, kind of relaxing (despite all the cleaning), weekend.  And on this fine Monday morning I'm pleased to report that I have lost another 0.6 pounds!!

YEAH!!

That puts me to a total loss of 5.7 pounds since mid December.  I'm actually very pleased with that.  I am just DYING to get to 10 pounds but slow and steady right?  I do have a hard time with the slow moving progress considering I am being diligent and proactive with my eating and exercise, but, I just have to remind myself to look at the big picture.  I mean, if I continue on this path, then feasibly by the end of the year I could be 20 some pounds down.  Yeah, that sounds much better than saying 0.6 pounds :)

And in case anyone is wondering (because I always am when I read other people's blogs) ...

This past week I averaged a daily deficit of 445 calories thru both diet and exercise.  I'd like to get that number to 500 a day to pull a one pound loss but I'm not going to force anything. Also, I'm going to start the pep talks with strength training.  I really need to keep the muscle mass that I have otherwise my metabolism might suffer.  UGH.  Man, I love to whine about strength training.

Today's menu:
B:  Protein Shake
S:  pre workout bar (they're called PR Bars and I LOVE THESE)
L:  Not Pasta Salad (sans pasta - it's just cucumber, carrots, and red pepper diced and tossed with some light Italian dressing with a few colby cheese cubes thrown in) - tossed with shredded Romaine with tuna salad on the side

D:

for dinner I think I am going to indulge my inner child.  I'm going to make Spaghetti Pizza!  How awesome does that sound?  Seriously, this week I just wanted to make something that satisfied some cravings I've been having.

So, I found an easy recipe, exchanged a FEW things to make it a little lighter (low sugar pasta sauce, added some veggies - you get the picture) but overall I'm just going to go for it.

It'll be a nice treat. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.