Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Recovery and P90x

I'm not 100% but I'm far, far better off than I was this time last week.  I stayed in bed until Saturday and then slowly made my way back into the world.

Great way to spend a vacation huh?

I don't know what I had, but it was horrendous.  I did, however, manage to get that second interview after all.  The unfortunate part was that I had to go while sick.  I mustered every ounce of strength I had and got through it.  A two hour interview no less.  It wasn't my best performance but I was so happy to have the opportunity I didn't care.  Now it's just wait and see.

Also, while I was recuperating, plans were made, challenges suggested, gauntlets thrown .. you know the routine.  My boyfriend got P90x.  Yeah, you see where this is going.  He wants me to join him on this venture and maybe I was delusional from the sickness, but I accepted.

Yesterday was my first day.  I meant to post but it was my first day back at work AND out of bed so I was overly busy and completely exhausted.  I know my first few days of doing this are going to be lackluster but I'm going to give it everything I have without pushing myself too hard due to being sick last week.  We didn't make any bets or anything because honestly, if we stick to it, the end result should be our rewards.  And I'll be honest, I'm kind of scared.  In a good way I guess.  But he really, really wants to get back into shape (he started a new job awhile ago and you know how schedules change and life happens) and I want to do everything I can to encourage him.  Also, it'll be good for the both of us.


He will be performing the Classic schedule and I will be performing the Lean schedule.  Yeah, I didn't know there were two different types either.  Basically the lean is more cardio intense.  March 19th was Day 1.  I took my body fat, measurements and weighed myself so I'll be posting those as I go along.  Tonight I am going to take a picture because I forgot to do that yesterday.  Maybe I can coerce him to let me take pictures of him too.  Other than that, it's just working out and majorly tightening up on nutrition.

The program has 3 different phases of nutrition and honestly, they're tough.  Right now, I'm supposed to be eating 50% protein, 30% carbs, and 20% fat.  I don't know if you've ever tracked your macros before but this one is quite intensive.  It's called the fat shredder phase I believe.  I didn't hit it yesterday but I was pretty close.  I'll be easing my way into the nutrition portion because all of this all at once might very well overload my circuits.

Today's menu:

B:  oatmeal + 100% maple syrup, coffee + creamer
S:  LF cottage cheese + strawberries
L:  roasted carrots + green beans + stuffing + seared flank steak
S:  almonds + chocolate milk
D:  sushi (i think)

macros so far: 45% carbs , 34% fat, 21% protein -- needs a little work






No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.